Meta Krese as a journalist and photographer works for Slovenian newspapers and magazines, occasionally for foreign ones as well; she is the author of two monographs on photography, has provided photographs for several books, some of which she wrote. She was the editor of Fotografija, a Slovenian photography magazine for a decade. Her numerous articles, mostly concerning social themes, come from Slovenia and more remote places, but also from the less distant but nonetheless interesting Balkan countries. She has prepared some solo exhibitions and collaborated in several collective exhibitions.
She has worked with humanitarian organisations such us Red Cross Slovenia, International Trust Fund for Demining and Mine Victim Assistance and ISOP – Innovative Sozialprojekte with poet and writer Maruša Krese.
Selected awards and recognitions
- Pulitzer Centre for Crisis Reporting, grant, 2019-2020
- Lange-Taylor Prize, shortlisted, Duke University, 2019
- Lange-Taylor Prize, shortlisted, Duke University, 2018
- Pulitzer Centre for Crisis Reporting, grant, 2015-2016.
- Winner of the European “Writing for CEE 2011” journalism prize
- Prize for outstanding journalism from the Slovene Association of Journalists, 2006
Fotografije borbe in dela
Galerija narodnega doma, Trst, Trieste, Italia 2006
Photo: Branko Čeak
The world as it is : photography
the conscience of Slovene society
Ribnica, Miklova hiša, Slovenija, 2011
Photo: Dragan Arrigler
Čakamo zaman / Aspettiamo invano
Zgodbe begunk iz Srebrenice / Storie di profughe di Srebrenica
Gledališče, Trst, Italija, 2021 / Teatro Miela, Trieste, Italia, 2021